- Finely grated cabbage – 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup (heaped) + 1 tblsp (for rolling chapathi)
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as req
- Cold pressed Olive oil – 1 tblsp
- Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper – ½ tsp
- In a wide mixing bowl, add the mentioned ingredients except water and oil.
- Mix well the ingredients, since we are adding raw cabbage it release more water on its own, so adjust the water level accordingly.
- Knead the dough well at least for about 6-7 mins.
- Add about 2 tsp of olive oil and knead well.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and keep aside.
- Heat a flat pan for making chapathi
- Take a lemon size dough and sprinkle some dry wheat flour over the dough and the rolling board as well
- Start rolling the dough evenly about 5-6 inch diameter
- Put the rolled out chapathi on a super hot pan and allow it to cook less than a min on each side
- once you able to see some brown spots and the chapathi puff up, its time to take out the chapathi from the pan
- if desired, add olive oil/ ghee over the chapathi and enjoy with some spicy subzi
- The soft, healthy and tasty “PURPLE CABBAGE CHAPATHI” is ready to serve.
- Since we are adding raw cabbage, keep the dough for next day is not advisable.
- Always rest the dough minimum of 30 mins before making chapathi.
- While making chapathi, the pan should be super hot, else the chapathi will become hard and soggy