//Healthy Diet-Multigrain Millet Adai with secret Ingredient//
(Rich in Protein and fiber)
- Barnyard Millet/ Kuthiraivali arisi – ½ cup
- Horse Gram – ¼ cup
- Black/white channa – ¼ cup
- Green whole moong dhal – ¼ cup
- Black urad dhal with skin – ¼ cup (Secrete ingredient)
- Dry red chili – 4-5 nos
- Crushed omam – 1 tsp (Secrete ingredient)
- Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
- Garlic cloves – 4-5 nos
- Coriander leaves – 2 tblsp (finely chopped)
- Sweet peppers – 2 tblsp (finely chopped – optional)
- Shallots – 2 tbslp (finely chopped –optional)
- Gingelly oil – as needed
- Salt – as needed
- Wash and soak the millet, horse gram, black/white channa, black urad dhal with skin, green moong, fennel seeds and dry red chili over night or at least for 6 hours.
- Drain the water into another bowl and use it while grinding the batter.
- In a mixie jar/ blender, add the soaked ingredients with required amount of salt and garlic cloves and grind it coarsely. (the batter should not be too runny like dosa batter, it should be like uttappam batter/ neither too thick nor thin)
- Transfer into a bowl and add the finely chopped coriander seeds and mix it thoroughly.
- Heat a dosa/ pan cake pan and add about 1 tsp of oil. Take a spatula full of batter and spread it about ½ inch thick in a clock wise direction. In the middle of the adai, make one little hole to cook evenly and sprinkle the chopped shallots and sweet peppers over the adai for more flavor.
- Add some more oil towards the edge of the adai also in the hole.
- Cook it for about 2 mins under medium flame (uncovered), now flip it gently and allow it to cook further.
- The healthy, delicious and lil crunchy “MULTIGRAIN ADAI MILLET” is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with a cup of aviyal for a complete meal.
- You can add any type of millet and whole grains.
- If you are under strict diet, then reduce the amount of oil.
- This is a complete meal pack for diabetes especially when you are serve this with a cup of aviyal.
- Consume this adai during night time is not advisable.