//Purple cabbage chickpea Poriyal//
- Grated Purple cabbage – 2 cups
- Boiled black chickpea – ½ cup
- coconut oil – 1 tblsp
- chopped onion – ¼ cup
- salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Grated coconut – ¼ cup
- Green chilies – 2 nos
- Curry leaves – few
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté it for about a min and add the grated cabbage along with some salt and mix gently with the sauted onion and cover it with a lid for about 4 mins under medium flame.
- Now add the boiled black chickpea and mix well with the cabbage.
- Meanwhile, grind the mentioned ingredients coarsely without adding any water and add the grounded mixture into the poriyal and sauté it for about a min or so and turn off the flame.
- Cover it with a lid for about 3-4 mins until the coconut mixture blend well with the cabbage.
- The super healthy and tasty “PURPLE CABBAGE-CHICKPEA PORIYAL” is ready to serve.
- You can even add the white chickpea instead of black one
- If you don’t get PURPLE cabbage, you can try this recipe with regular cabbage and that taste too good.