- Asparagus – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Chickpea – ¼ cup (boiled)
- Onion – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- Grated coconut – ¼ cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 2-3 nos
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tblsp
- How to clean Asparagus?
Rinse thoroughly with cold water to remove any grit. Snap off the bottom inch or two (it should be discarded). Whether or not peel the stalks depends upon their thickness. The large asparagus tend to be thicker, always place the asparagus over flat surface and using a vegetable peeler to avoid snapping while peeling. Chop the asparagus finely and keep aside.
- Meanwhile soak about a tblsp of chickpea overnight and boil them upto 90% and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat some coconut oil. Add mustard and cumin seeds, allow it to splutter. Now add chopped onion and saute for a while
- Add the finely chopped asparagus along with some salt to taste.
- Cover it with a lid. Cook under medium flame for about 2-3 mins.
- In between grind the grated coconut, green chili, cumin seeds and curry leaves finely without adding water and sprinkle the grounded mixture into the cooked Asparagus along with boiled chickpea and turn off the flame. Toss it gently and keep remain the pan for about 2 mins covered to absorb the flavor.
- Tasty, healthy and delicious “ASPARAGUS CHICKPEA Poriyal” is ready to serve.