- Daikon radish – 2 cups (finely diced)
- Sweet Peppers/ capsicum – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Dried Kasuri Methy leaves – 1 tblsp
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tblsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Chettinad curry Masala/ coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Canola oil – 2 tblsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Heat some oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add the diced daikon, sauté it for about 2-3 mins along with some salt.
- Add about a tblsp of ginger garlic paste and sauté it for about a min, later add the chopped sweet peppers and toss it gently
- Now add the turmeric powder, kashmiri red chili powder, garam masala (homemade) and chettinad curry masala (homemade). Mix well and cover it with a lid and cook it for about 5-7 mins under medium low flame.
- To the final stage, add the crushed dry kasuri methy into the subzi and turn off the flame. Cover it with a lid until serve. (it helps to infuse the flavor)
- The healthy and tasty “DAIKON-MEHTY PEPPER subzi” is ready to serve.
- Serve with a cup of hot rice/ chapathi/ roti