- Mixed Veggie – 1 cup
- Sliced onion – 1 (large)
- Tomato Puree – ½ cup
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tblsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Madras curry powder/ coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Roasted Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Dried Kasuri methy – 1 tblsp
- Canola oil – 3 tblsp
- Bay leaf – 2 nos
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Curd – 2 tblsp
- Cashews – 6-7 nos
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat some canola oil and add bay leaf and cumin seeds, allow it to splutter.
- Now add the sliced onions, cook until it turns brown in color.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, sauté it for a while and add the tomato puree. Cover it with a lid and cook under medium flame until the oil separates.
- Time to add the turmeric powder, kashmiri red chili powder, homemade garam masala, madras curry powder, roasted cumin powder and salt. Sauté it for about 2 mins.
- Add the mixed veggies along with required amount of water and cover it with a lid and cook it for about 7-8 mins until the veggies cook finely under medium flame.
- Meanwhile, soak the cashews in super hot water for about 10 mins and grind it finely along with 2 tblsp of curd.
- Once the veggies are done, add the finely grounded cashew-curd paste, stir well and cook it until oil separates (it takes approx 5-6 mins) under low flame.
- The tasty and rich “MIXED VEGETABLE CURRY” is ready to serve.
- Serve this with roti/chapathi/ hot rice.