Makes – 12 large muffins
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Granulated sugar – 1 ¼ cups + 1 tblsp (to sprinkle on top)
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Egg – 2 no’s (Large)
- Canola oil – 1/3 cup
- Fresh orange juice – ½ cup
- Fresh orange zest – 1 ½ tblsp
- Fresh/ frozen cranberries – 1 cup
- Pre heat the oven to 400˚F
- Line the paper muffin molds into the muffin tin and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs (room temperature), canola oil and fresh orange juice.mix well and keep aside.
- Sieve the dry ingredients (all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, granulated sugar and salt) into the wet ingredients bowl.
- Using a spatula, mix well all the ingredients without any lumps
- Now add the fresh/frozen cranberries along with fresh orange zest, gently fold into the muffin batter.
- Fill the batter equally into the prepared muffin tin and sprinkle some granulated sugar on the top the batter.
- Bake it for 15-20mins or until insert a toothpick in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- The light, fluffy and orangy “CRANBERRY ORANGE MUFFINS” are ready for party