- Diced Half ripe Mango (skin off) – 1 cup
- Water – as req
- Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – as req
- Fresh curd -1 cup
- Freshly grated coconut – ½ cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Whole black pepper -1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 2 nos (depends on your spice level)
- Coconut oil – 1 tblsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Dry red chili – 1 no
- Curry leaves – few
- Boil the diced half ripe mangoes with required amount of water along with some salt and turmeric powder.
- Meanwhile grind the freshly grated coconut, cumin seeds, whole black pepper and green chili into a fine paste
- Once the mangoes are cooked half way, add the finely grounded paste and bring it to boil on a medium- low flame.
- Between wipe the fresh curd lightly and pour it into the mango curry. Mix it gently and turn the flame low for another 2-3 mins.
- Heat some coconut oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Now add the curry leaves and broken red chili. Pour the tempering over the mango pulissery and mix well.
- The sweet and spicy, delicious “MAMBAZHA PULISSERY” is ready to serve.
- You can even add half a tsp of plain red chili powder for more spicy
- Even, add the curd along with coconut paste and cook under very low flame for few mins.