- Bread flour – 2 cups + ¼ cup for rolling
- Instant yeast – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Granulated sugar – 3 tsp
- Warm water – ¼ cup
- Warm milk – ¾ cup
- Olive oil – 3 tblsp (extra virgin – organic)
- Garlic – 5 cloves (grated)
- Dried oregano – 1 tsp
- Dried rosemary – 1 tsp
- Pre heat the oven to 400˚F
- Grease and dust the 8 *4 inch ( i have used) loaf pan with some bread flour (for easy cleaning); keep aside
- In a wide mixing bowl, add the yeast and warm water; let it sit for 5 mins.
- Add the 2 cups of bread flour, salt, sugar, grated fresh garlic, dried oregano, rosemary and warm milk; mix well
- Now add the olive oil (one tblsp at a time), knead with your hands for about 5 mins and cover it and leave the dough for about 60 mins to rise double in size. (1st proof)
- Place an parchment paper and sprinkle some flour on it, now place the raised dough and poke it with your finger gently to remove the air pockets
- Now gently roll the dough with a rolling pin or with your fingers into rectangle roll (8 *4 inch size loaf pan)
- Cover the dough and allow it to rise for another 40 mins (2nd proof)
- Now bake the bread @375˚F for about 35-40 mins
- Cool completely and slice the bread.
- The light and tasty “GARLIC-HERB BREAD” is ready to serve.
- Using extra virgin olive oil gives you immense flavor for the bread.
- The dough should be sticky, don’t hesitate to use enough flour for rolling
- you can roll the dough depends on your loaf pan size