- Grated coconut – 1.5 cups
- Rice flour – 1 tblsp
- Water – as req
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Ghee/ clarified butter – 1 tsp
- Cashews – few
- Grated jaggery/ vellam – 1 cup
- Water – ¼ cup
- In a sauce pan, add the jaggery and water and bring it to boil. Filter out any impurities and pour the filtered syrup into the sauce pan and keep aside.
- In a mixie jar, add the grated coconut along with cardamom and little water. Grind it finely and filter the 1st milk and keep aside.
- In the same grounded coconut mixture add some more water and extract the 2nd milk and add it into the 1st milk and keep aside
- Again add some more water to extract the 3rd milk and filter the 3rd milk into the 1st and 2nd milk bowl.
- Now pour the coconut 1st, 2nd and 3rd milk into the jaggery syrup along with a tblsp of rice flour, stir well without any lumps and bring it to froth stage.
- Do not boil the mixture, once the froth forms turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, add a tsp of ghee into a small pan and roast the cashews into the ghee and pour the mixture into the coconut milk.
- The super tasty and coconut, milky, diviny “AADI PAAL” is ready.
// This Aadi paal is considered as Naivedyam on 1st on Aadi Month//
- Adding rice flour is purely optional, if you are using rice flour, then mix it with a small amount of coconut milk and mix well without any lumps before adding it into the pan.
- You can even make the jaggery syrup with coconut 3rd milk instead of using plain water.