- Diced Baby Bella Mushrooms – 2cups
- Diced onion – 1 (medium)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cooking oil – 2 tblsp
- Coriander seeds – 2 tblsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Cardamom – 2 pods
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Byadagi chili – 5 nos
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp (optional)
- Mild cooking oil – 1 tsp
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the diced onion, sauté it for a min and add a tsp of Ginger-Garlic paste. Stir constantly about a min to avoid scorching.
- Now add the diced mushrooms along with some salt. Cover it with a lid under medium flame, within few mins it will release the water and cook on its own juice.
- Meanwhile heat a tsp of oil in a pan, add coriander seed, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, byadagi chili, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and poppy seeds. Roast it until the nice aroma comes (it takes about 2-3 mins under medium flame)
- Cool completely and grind it to a coarse powder and keep aside.
- Once the mushroom juice completely absorbed, add the coarsely grounded powder and mix gently. Cover it with a lid under medium-low flame for about 4-5 mins.
- After 5 mins, you able to see the oil separates on the sides of the pan, turn off the flame and enjoy with a cup of hot rice/ chapathi/ millet
- The spicy, flavorful “KADAI MUSHROOM” is ready.
- When comparatively with regular white mushrooms, the Baby Bella Mushroom gives you a strong earthy flavor.
- You can add about a cup of water/ cream for more gravy side.