Yields: 22 biscuits
- Whole white wheat flour – 1 ½ cups
- All-purpose flour – ½ cup + 1 tblsp ( for rolling the dough)
- Granulated sugar – ¾ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Softened unsalted butter – ½ cup
- cold whole milk – ¼ cup + 2 tblsp ( if desire)
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degree F
- Arrange two baking sheets with parchment lined
- In a wide mixing bowl, sieve the whole white wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and granulated sugar.
- Now add the room temperature softened butter and rub the butter and dry ingredients mixture well with your fingers.
- Add milk little by little to make a stiff dough.
- Knead the dough gently over a floured surface and roll out the dough about 1/8th inch thick.
- Traditionally these biscuits are round in shape, so im using round shape cookie cutter or any round shape lid works fine
- Place the cutout biscuits on the prepared baking sheets
- Using a fork, prick the center of the raw biscuit and bake it for about 15-18 mins or until lightly brown in color.
- Takeout the biscuits from the oven and let it sit on the sheet for few more mins. Cool completely and store it in an airtight container to keep the biscuits light and fresh.
- The super healthy and tasty “ENGLISH DIGESTIVE BISCUITS” are ready. Serve with a cup of ENGLISH COFFEE or TEA.
// Gift this wonderful healthy ENGLISH DIGESTIVE BISCUITS to your beloved ones//