Strawberry kesari is not a classic fruit kesari in our tropical region. Since I have the opportunity to enjoy the lusciousness of strawberries, one fine day I thought of making kesari, instead of regular kesari I like Fruit kesari. On that day I couldn’t find any aromatic fruit on my refrigerator other than Strawberries. So why not STRAWBERRY KESARI. Here is the tasty, aromatic strawberry kesari recipe.
How many of us know the benefits of strawberry?
Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, Folate, potassium, manganese and these are rich in dietary Fiber.
Goodness of RAVA/Sooji/Semolina:
- It is known for great taste and good texture
- It is made up of DURUM Wheat
- DURUM Wheat –it is a variety of Wheat which has higher protein and gluten when compared to other whole wheat product.this kind of wheat is mainly used for pastas/macaroni
- It improves cardiovascular health and prevents heart attack
- It is an excellent source of IRON
Strawberry Kesari Ingredient:
- Rava/Sooji/semolina – 1cup
- strawberrie – ½ cup
- Granulated sugar – 1cup
- Water -2cup
- Clarified butter/Ghee -1/2 cup
- Cashews /raisins -10nos
- Cardamom/elaichi powder-1/8 tsp
- Salt -a pinch
- Pink color -a pinch
Roast the rava/sooji/semolina in a heavy bottomed vessel with 2-3 tblsp of Ghee/clarified butter along with cashews and raisins until you get the nice aroma (donot burn the rava/sooji)
Chop the strawberries finely and keep aside
On the other side boil the mentioned amount of water with a pinch of color powder/liquid and pour the super-hot water over the roasted rava/sooji with cashews and raisins. Now turn the flame low and stir continuously to avoid the formation of any lumps
Now we have to add sugar, again the kesari turned little runny but donot panic the sooji/rava will observe all the moisture, by then add the
Strawberries and give it a mix
Later add the remaining GHEE/clarified butter little by little on the edges of the pan to attain the texture (it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan)
Our yummy, fluffy and aromatic pineapple Kesari is ready to serve.
- you can add even a very little amount of ghee/clarified butter
- You can replace the amount of ghee with oil and ghee(half and half)
- You can replace the granulated sugar with sugar free product for diabetic diet.